Wednesday 12 December 2012

Birighitti targets Round 13 return


Birighitti targets Round 13 return
Newcastle Jets goalkeeper Mark Birighitti, who is returning from a fractured cheekbone, has already increased his training load since returning to the training track this week.

The 21 year old returned to training on Sunday and was scheduled to undertake light duties this week with a hope to step it up next week.
“It is fantastic to get back out there with the boys and I have had good sessions,” Birighitti said.
“It is supposed to be light duties and I was still a week away from diving and contact but this morning I was diving, so I am pushing myself as much as I can.”
Immediately following the Round 7 incident where he collected the knee of Wellington Phoenix’sJeremy Brockie, Birighitti admitted his recovery is as much physical as it is mental.
“I thought about wearing a mask but I don’t want to wear a mask because it shows a team I am worried about the injury,” he said.
“I have been keeping active, trying to get my mind off it and trying the best I can to forget about it.
“At the end of my day it is my job and I will put my body on the line no matter what.
"If it happens again, it happens again; that is my job to keep the ball out of the net and I will keep doing that.”
Birighitti has targeted a return in Round 13 against Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park.
“If it was up to me I would be back this week, but that is up to the medical staff, and I am hoping to be back by the Victory game,” he said.
“I feel good, the body feels good and I will definitely come back stronger.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get widget